Translate

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Three Projects Completed

At last I have finished my Beading projects. I still need to make a few more new things for the Gallery, but....although the season seems to have started already, Hooray!! The tourists are starting to come into town. The Birding Festival was a success and now the fishing derbys are beginning. Very overcast and grumpy looking today, but its already 42 degrees, now for some sunshine!! Anyway, here are the projects I have completed for now.
SOLD!!!

 This cuff will go to the Gallery, however the necklace will be mine for now. I love the Sonoran Sunrise Cabachon, its just beautiful. It was in the bag of goodies that I won from Jeanette Cook, the    dangles I purchased from Gigs Beads here in Homer many years ago, and they are EXACTLY the same as the Cabachon except that they are glass! Some things are just meant to be. I can't wait to show her the necklace, she always thought the dangles were well...less than beautiful...and I have now used them on two projects and they have fit perfectly. Makes me laugh! Also included in this posting is my April Maiden for the Bead Journal Project. The center flower is a vintage piece that I have had for some time. The leaves are lucite. The body of the maiden is velvet. The face I made out of clay and burnished it with gold. I know my Bead Journal Project for this year seems rather simple, but simple is all I can handle right now. Anyway they are pretty cute, even if I say so myself.
May Bead Journal Maiden





2 comments:

Sabine said...

You have lovely results to show for your beading time!

Janna said...

Wow! Beautiful jewelry and I love that purple maiden!! I can see why you would want to keep that necklace! I don't know how you give up anything you create because it is all wonderful!