Translate

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

One Day at a Time

Time keeps moving on.....it seems to be flying by.  Summer is almost done, I am dreading the winter already. I plan on spending the Holidays with family in the lower 48. Don't think I could stand them here alone. Jack was such a big part of my life, his loss has been so overwhelming. I'm trying to stay busy and positive, our Son gave me orders when he left, no hanging on to the negative, just remember all the good times before Jack got so sick. Its hard not to think about how hard it was the last six months of his life. He was always such a physically strong man, and it was so hard for him when he reached the point of not being able to even get out of a chair by himself, or walk across the room without help. Life is very empty without him.

I have started a wall quilt, made a couple of pairs of earrings for the Gallery, and I'm working on another bead embroidery piece for a small handbag, and caught up on my bead journal dolls. I really have been trying to stay busy. Its rainy/foggy here today, sure hope tomorrow is a little nicer. I plan on going up the road tomorrow with Irene and Sandy, just to get away for a few hours, so I hope at least the fog goes away.


This is my June BJP doll. She is made of black velvet, and has a gold seed pod on her center that holds all the woes and cares that this month was full of.


One of the last things Jack said to me was that he needed to be walking in his meadow and I needed to go for a long walk on the beach, I believe he's there now, strolling through the meadow, listening to the birds, enjoying the sunshine, smelling the sweet smells of the meadow grasses and pine trees. He loved camping in his meadow and walking through the pines.  My July BJP doll holds a precious sand dollar. We don't have sand dollars here in Alaska, but they have always been one of my favorites, and this charm seemed to fit just fine.  The doll is made out of blue linen to match the blue design of the sand dollar, which fits my mood of late.                                                                                                                                                         

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Char
I wish I had words to comfort you. I know there is a grieving process and the steps pass slowly. There is at least one blessing for you in that you have your business/hobby interests to help occupy your mind.
Keep your friends close.
xx, Carol

Janna said...

Both of those dolls are lovely. I miss and love you. Just keep doing what you enjoy!

Sabine said...

I am very sorry to read about your loss. Your trust in God and your family will give you the strength you need now.
Both the dolls are lovely. What is the July doll's face made of? I like the shimmer.

Cyndi L said...

{{{Char}}} I love them both...they are like light and dark versions of the same idea. I am so so sorry for the great loss you have suffered. One day at a time is right. I pray for your comfort and peace.