Translate

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Actually Beading

Well its been a long time since I rambled on so here I go. I have actually been beading believe it or not. A friends daughter is getting married this fall and I was busy making up hair combs and headbands, necklaces and earrings for her to choose from. She has made her choice and I have taken the rest to the Gallery.
I finished the bead embroidered piece for my Grandaughter Tisha's handbag. Now to attach it to a bag. It was her design so I hope it turned out the way she wanted. I will try to post some pictures of the beadwork. I also finished a piece for someone special which I can't post anymore about right now, but soon. I am very happy with how it turned out. Now I am going to start on Grandaughter Zoe's handbag. Still need to make some decisions on colors but hopefully that will come about soon.
My friend Kate Boyan and her Niece were the featured artists at the Gallery last month and what a beautiful show it was. Check out Kates blog and be blown away by her beautiful handbags. Kate is an internationally known bead artist and a simply wonderful person. Her husband isn't a bad guy either, being the leather bag maker and swell fella. Kate's blog is Kate Boyan's Gallery. You will be amazed.
Well, now I will try to work on adding the photos. Stay tuned.

This is one of the pieces I made
using the very expensive (for me) but beautiful stone I purchased in Tuson a few years ago along with the shibori silk, freshwater pearls and seedbeads.

Here is a picture of the bag I beaded for my youngest Sisters Birthday. She actually received it the day of her birthday. She is a lover of crows as I am a lover of Ravens so this bird fits the bill.
One of the acrylic paintings I have been doing with a collage of seashells at the base.
 Saw this idea on Pinterest and decided to try it myself. I like it. Here is a second one from a photo I took off my front yard looking toward Augustine volcano.
And here is my latest watercolor of a tiny redpoll in the alder bushes.
Ok enough for today. I have also been working on hair pieces for brides but discovered that I lost the photos, so I will take some again tomorrow at the Gallery. A friends daughter is getting married and I made some for her to choose from and it inspired me to do a few more for the Gallery.


2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Helllloooo!! I am so glad to see you post and wish you would more often. I have fallen away from beading but have been having a strong urge to stitch a cuff for a Christmas present. Gosh I love yours and the purse as well. My grandson's girlfriend is someone that would truly appreciate a beaded gift.

Glad you have kept busy.
xx, Carol

char said...

So nice to hear from you Carol, hope all is well with you and yours.