Translate

Thursday, January 27, 2011


Hooray! I have finished the eagle piece. In the beginning I knew that I wanted to use the eagle as my focal point because when my Son was up here visiting we went out to the Spit and spent quite some time photographing the hundreds of Eagles that were out there. Bill shot some really great photos that day, and my Hubby suggested using the Texas flag as the background (since thats where Bill lives with his beautiful family) which worked out great. It was really hard to bead around it(when attaching it to the backpack) since I was using a pre-made backpack,and because the pocket was irregular, but its done at last. And I finished one of my tiny squares for the bead quilt that Jeanette Shanigan takes to the Bead and Button Show each year and they auction them off for Breast Cancer. I will post the squares as soon as I finish the second one. It was such a pleasure to bead on a softer material. I love bead embroidery, but sometimes I think I try to sabotage myself with my choice of background materials. Oh well, moving on. Now to find a box, package up the backpack and get it sent off to our Son.

1 comment:

Janna said...

It's beautiful Sister. Great job! You do such wonderful artwork!!