Translate

Thursday, June 23, 2011

We had some excitement this evening, there was a hefty earthquake out in the Aleutians which caused the warning system to go off. I was at the Lodge for a Birthday party, so I ran home to get my hubby and by the time I got home (maybe a whole five minutes) they had cancelled the warning. Well it certainly made for a less boring evening anyway. Since we have the Bay for our front yard, we try to keep up on these things. Made for a traffic mess for awhile because they evacuated all the campers out on the Spit, which makes getting out of our Road a nightmare. I guess that's something to keep in mind. The photo I am including is one I took early this spring, but you can see what I mean about the Bay being our front yard. Since I have been home, there has been a steady stream of fishing boats coming in, heading for the harbor. Its getting foggy this evening, and it always gets chilly, so I guess I will go up to my work room and do some more beading. I have a new necklace finished, which is not for the August show, just for my inventory at the Gallery. So I am going to try to make some earrings to go with it. Wishing everyone a very safe evening.

No comments: