Translate

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Another piece finished.

So today was a mix as far as the weather goes. Sun, clouds, wind..in other words..Spring in Alaska. Just hoping for a nice summer this year. We didn't get one at all last year. So Cousin Dolores is doing well and is back home. Our Daughter is recovering from her surgery very well, and we are well away from the horrible storms they are having down south. Keep those folks in your prayers, they need it.
I have been steadily working on the pieces for the show in August. Still have a ways to go, but since there are four of us, the burden is not as great as it would be if you were doing a solo show. I have completed a "vintage look" beaded bag that I started several years ago and then just put it aside because I wasn't sure how I wanted to finish it. Well, its finally done, and I am going to add it to my "show" pieces. I am still working on a beaded leather handbag, and one last sculptural piece, then I think I'm done. The "vintage look" bag is only beaded on the front. I sewed the beaded piece to velvet and added a cord strap, and beaded edging. I used a vintage button for the closure.

1 comment:

Janna said...

That is a very cool purse, almost looks like a spade on the front. Very pretty and great work as always!