Translate

Sunday, September 18, 2011



The week is over, and the basket has burned. The weather turned off beautiful today for the final day of the basket. The event was attended by at least 200 people. It was so beautiful on the beach all day, however, when the sun went down it was very chilly and windy. The basket was well covered with wishes and memory notes, and burned quite fast. Then the fire dancers preformed as did the drummers all through the event. Well, we shall see what next year brings our way. I thought it was very fitting that a flock of cranes flew over the basket before it burned. They will be heading south very soon. I was surprised to see them as I thought they had already left us. I was visiting with two ladies that had driven up to see the basket, one was from Georgia and the other from Tennessee. They work at the Princess Lodge up in Coopers Landing all summer, and they told me that they had "termination" dust on the mountains there this morning. Wow, I hate to hear that. Summer is so short and winter so long.Well, back to the bead table.

No comments: