Translate

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Beading for a Cause



What a beautiful day we have had today FINALLY!! I sure hope the sunshine sticks around for a few days. This has been the coldest July on record..did I say that already? Well, it bears repeating!! I have been working on two Barrettes that I am sending down to my Cousin for her fundraiser. They are in the process of adopting two children from a horrible childrens home in Bulgaria. The children in that orphanage live their whole lives in a CRIB....can you imagine? What chance do they have if they are not adopted. Sharon and Dan have one child of their own and 6 adopted children. All but one of the adopted children have been special needs children.And I believe that most of them were placed with them temporarily until a home could be found, and as it turned out...they found a home with them. They have done some amazing things with those kids. Just the amount of love that they give them is something some children never have, from their natural parents or others. I hope my small contribution will help at least a little. So many children need loving homes, I wish we weren't too old to do that.

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your barrettes are beautiful and sure to help the cause. Its sad how children are treated in this world. There aren't enough people like your Cousin.
xx, Carol